‘Card Tricks’ – BBC Bitesize
The Future is a series of short spoken-word films featuring inspirational poetry and performances from six up-and-coming young artists.
Each film presents a unique perspective on the future and confronts issues that really matter – from climate change to family ties, trusting in fate to the power of love. And they look pretty amazing too!
Watch via the link here!
Barbican Guildhall Creative Learning Commission, 2019
To celebrate ten years of Barbican Guildhall Creative Learning, filmmaker Marina Uzcategui and Barbican Young Poets Kit Finnie and Christy Ku collaborated to create this new body of work, featuring spoken word, excerpts from the archive, audio-visual projections and new footage. The film draws inspiration from the architecture of the Barbican and Guildhall School of Music & Drama, and connects the experiences of past participants including members of the Creative Learning team, Young Creatives and Barbican Ambassadors.
‘SLAM! You’re Gonna Wanna Hear This’ – Pan Macmillan
It’s time to reclaim poetry.
Collected by international poetry sensation Nikita Gill, SLAM! You’re Gonna Wanna Hear This is a joyful celebration of the ground-breaking poets making their voices heard in the spoken word scene. Empowering, inspiring and often hilarious, SLAMs are a platform for well-known and emerging talent from all walks of life where every style of poetry has a home.
With poets such as Raymond Antrobus, Sophia Thakur and Dean Atta guest starring alongside up-and-coming poets, this is the perfect introduction to world of modern poetry. Each poet will introduce their poem, tell you a little bit about themselves and give you a tip for preparing brilliant performance poetry.
Muddy Feet Poetry – ‘My Body is Not a Blasphemy’
I shot a spoken word video with Muddy Feet Poetry on body confidence, gender and the messages fed to young girls.
- One of the top 6 finalists for BBC 1Xtra’s Words First programme 2019: published in the ‘Use Words First’ anthology, performance played across BBC Radio stations and have been commissioned by BBC Bitesize.
- Barbican Young Poet alumnus
- Featured as part of Kensington and Chelsea Art Week 2020
- Paddon Award Winner 2012 and 2013
- ‘She Will Soar’ (Macmillan Children’s Books)
- ‘The Lockdown Rhythm’ (Dare to Create)
- ‘Magma Poetry 77: Act Your Age’
- SLAM! You’re Gonna Wanna Hear This (Pan Macmillan)
- Use Words First (Own It! and Wrecking Ball Press)
- Barbican Young Poets Anthology 2018 – 19
- Barbican Young Poets Anthology 2017 – 18
- BedBoat Magazine (Issue 2)
- Headliner at venues across the UK including Hoxton Hall, The Pit Theatre, Broadway Barking, Walthamstow Garden Party, Cambridge Union, HOME Manchester and Truck Theatre Hull
- Performer and writer for ‘A Change is Gonna Come’, commissioned by the Barbican Centre
- For more details, please see ‘Events’ tab.